Facebook are set to deliver a more immersive, native user and reading experience for your community. Instant Articles have been introduced for brands and users to share more interactive, original articles and content on Facebook.
There are a number of new innovative publishing tools and processes to illustrate how new ways of scrolling through the newsfeed can be made more interactive, more instant, and seamless for mobile and excellent for branded content.
Leveraging the same technology used to display photos and videos quickly in the Facebook app, articles load instantly in News Feed, and readers really like the speed
- Instant Articles are 10X faster than standard mobile web articles
- 20% more Instant Articles are read on average
- Facebook users are 70% less likely to abandon the article
New creative tools and enhanced publishing support such as Autoplay Video, Tap to Expand photos and Tilt to Explore Photos bring your Instant Articles to life, and easy to use interactive maps and native content are set to be transformative to the mobile sharing experience.
‘We see clear evidence that Instant Articles provides a better reading experience for people and a significant boost for publishers looking to reach their audiences on Facebook.’ – Josh Roberts, Facebook product manager.
Instant Articles provide flexibility and control to monetization options, so you can determine the best way you grow and engage your community and choose what works best for your business with the following options:
- Audience Network– Monetize with demand from over 3 million advertisers worldwide on Facebook, delivering relevant, high value, native formats that drive performance and engagement.
- Direct Sold Ads– Serve display ads that are directly sold by your own sales team and keep 100% of the revenue generated from ads you direct-sell.
- Branded Content– Extend your branded content business and publish sponsored content as Instant Articles.
The fast, immersive reading experience inspires people to share Instant Articles 30% more often than mobile web articles on average, amplifying the reach of your stories in News Feed.
Measurability for Instant Articles allows us to understand user interests and behaviours through data tracking, Facebook delivers as well as in-house analytics tools and measurement services. You can analyze community responses and traffic in real-time from publishing, and embed cookies to track users and serve more relevant ads.
Facebook has partnered with groups of open-source platforms, analytics providers and third-party developers such as WordPress, ShareThis and Adobe Analytics to help publishers create, optimize and monitor their communications solutions.
Publishing branded content is now effectively seamless and appears native to the feed, as Facebook shares these posts with a tag indicating the sponsor of the story.
Publishers can take advantage of the following options:
- Visually distinguish branded content from editorial content using our article styling tools
- Customize text in the byline and kicker to indicate content sponsors
- Include a sponsor logo on the first screen through a native toolset that is coming soon
Ask us about introducing new ways to enhance your branded content, interaction with your community and lead generation, remembering that content is king – there are many great things to come!
Watch the video here: http://bit.ly/1SQUqy8